Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Obeying It Makes The Roads Safer And More Effective For Everyone

The proper meaning of it should be taught to all young drivers and those already driving as well so please if you know someone who doesn’t obey it like your parents,  grandma and grandpa etc, send them the link and make them read it.
Having done a lot of driving over the years I have found that it occurs in many places however least of all in modern major cities where people need to drive effectively.

However the worst place I have found for it occurring is in Manitoba and when I say Manitoba I mean southern Manitoba and when I say southern I basically mean a 100 kilometer radius of Winnipeg. Now for a city of nearly a million people if you count the bedroom communities you would think that for one, the road infrastructure would be designed better to make traffic flow and get people where they want to go quickly.

For some insane reason the traffic engineers hired by the City of Winnipeg and the Province of Manitoba feel that the best way to design roads is to stick traffic lights up everywhere.  No where else have I seen (population wise) a place where you build a perimeter highway and have so many lighted intersections to slow down traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment